Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hulk S*M*A*S*H*

My oldest will turn 5 on Thursday, so this weekend we celebrated in
Hulk Style.

It was so much fun!  I love his big personality and imaginery scenes that he plays out everyday.  Most of the time he is a superhero or a dinosaur.  So, I asked him "what type of birthday do you want?" He said, in the Hulk voice.. "HULK SMASH" birthday.

So, off to Pinterest I went and created a secret board, pinning a sea of green.

For the party, I used green streamers as a back drop then I found green and gray vinyl table coverings for the tables.  I found the Hulk "Happy Birthday" pendant on Pinterest (search for hulk printables) and attached the letters to fishing line.

The cake was made by a local bakery and we added the hulk figurine. 
Then, we added a few more green touches to the party.
 
 Hulk Punch (green hawaiin punch)
 
Hulk Mush
 (vanilla pudding, green food coloring & oreos)
Dad drew our hulk faces on clear cups.
and the Hulk Smash Box.
This was a hit with the kiddos, it has the same concept of a pinata. However, the kids get to punch something and they get a toy or candy in the end.  Yay! Everyone's happy!

The tutorial I used can be found here.
Her step by step instructions are easy to follow and the pictures help too.  I can say that the punch box or our "Hulk Smash Box" was a Pinterest win! 

     Here's my guy after his Hulk party!

No comments:

Post a Comment