Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Our 2019 Home Project List

Before we get into another month of 2019 I want to share our...

+ 2019 Project List +


I hope to hold myself (and hubby :-) accountable by listing our projects here and sharing
the progress and finished designs! Its so easy to share our progress on instagram, but I thought it would be helpful to others to have a place to come back to and see how we accomplished some of our home projects or find certain products.

That's the whole purpose of why I created this blog anywhoo!



We moved into our newly built home 3 years ago, and we agreed to decorate and put the final touches on one room at a time. Also, what is not talked about when you move into a new home is that its one big open space and it costs a lot to put the finishing touches on everything all at once. Ohhhh.. and if you want a patio, sidewalks, outdoor furniture..all those things cost too.

However, we're moving forward and here are our plans for 2019. Once we complete a project I'll come back here to blog all about it!



1. Install Ikea Besta Cabinets and sconces on the tv wall. 





It's DONE..currently working on styling this space. I shared on Instagram a couple designs I came up with for this wall. 

my photoshop drawings...

I settled on this last picture. I really wanted leather pulls like the first image, but every single one of these cabinets open a different way and hubby says I change my mind A LOT. Putting holes in the cabinets are a little different then putting holes in our walls. Boo!


Anyways, I am craving color ..hello BLUSH everything and I'm excited to see this come together! I received our planter last week and I just found a fiddle leaf plant.

I'll be back SOON with a tutorial on how we installed the cabinets and all the products used to complete this space.

2. Black wall + gallery wall

Here is my vision for this wall. I may add sconces instead.
Here's where we are at with this project!
The wall is painted! We just need to add frames and choose pictures to fill them.
Yep here is that beautiful planter again.
It's from the Hudson + Oak shop.

3. Paint over Blake's mountain wall with chalkboard paint + hooks for baseball hats!







































Here is Blake's room after a little refresh. He is into a l l  t h i n g s  b a s e b a l l now and keeps growing. 
So over the summer he got a a new bed and we created spaces for all his baseball memorabilia. The wall not shown was mountains and we're just painting over it to make it a chalkboard wall. The mountain wall was a diy project that I blogged about it a few posts back. 

Moving on with our project list...

4. Add two wood kitchen shelves 

The wall behind the bar stools has had a clock on it forever, but I'd love to make it a plant wall. Here is my idea from @angelarosehome








5. Finish Mudroom


We would love to get some organization in here with built ins. I hope to have my relative, who made all of our bathroom vanities come in and make a built in bench and shelves. Then we plant to tackle the rest.

Would love to a built in bench + hooks + white paint + board and batten.

little inspo.. 
via Pinterest

6.- Tackle dining room wall

Add a wood beam from my grandparents farm + mirror and candlesticks OR 3 large family pictures OR one large print. I have a few ideas for our dining room, but I'm always loving the bare walls and simplicity in here. 

Yep here's that planter again!









































7. Tackle the stairs > remove carpet 

I would love to do something like this on wood floor + steps. This runner is from Rejuvenation.














































8. Clubhouse > paint exterior + add sand underneath

My dad and husband made a clubhouse for the boys this past summer. It was finished late fall, so now this summer we will be staining and painting the exterior. 

We even told the boys they each get to paint a wall inside. 
Then we plan to add sand underneath for them and it'll be nice and shaded for our hot summer days.















































9. Landscaping

Would love to add some perennials to our front bed this year! My husband would probably add that he would love to put in a garden. I'll keep that on his list!
















































10. Basement Reno 

I'm saving the best for last! 

We keep talking about just framing up our basement ourselves and keeping the ceilings exposed with white or black paint. We'll see..it's cold now and we're hanging out in all of our home extra spaces. As it gets warmer I'm sure our projects will lead us outside.

I do have ideas pinned.


Wow, so that seems like a long last after seeing it all written out. 
We may not finish them all this year, but it does help to have a better vision of what we hope to do. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment