Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent Calendars

**Advent Calendars**

here's mine

Today is the first Sunday in Advent.

We witnessed as a family the first candle lit today at our church.

Another way to celebrate Advent is through the usage of the Advent Calendars.  They have become so popular due to Pinterest.  The idea is to help give your kiddos a countdown to Christmas, and each day up until Christmas they pull out an activity and small treat for the day. 

For example I wrap a piece of paper around a couple hershey kisses.  On the paper it includes their activity for the day. Such as : Drive around town and look at Christmas lights, or drink hot chocolate with all the fixings, or choose a family/child  from a giving tree and donate clothes or toys.
Again you can check out more ideas on Pinterest.

There are so many possibilities on which Advent Calendar to choose.

You can make one with stockings.
 
 
Or you can buy a kit such as this one from Etsy.  I love the vintage style and it would go with any Christmas theme or colors.
 
However, if you aren't up for crafting you can purchase this reindeer advent calendar at


This year I was determined to make or buy an advent calendar after I saw the post from Jen with Our Best Bites.   She gives a ton more ideas for each day and on her site you can check out all of their incredible recipes. 

Anyways, I ended up purchasing this little cutie from Target



I thought it would be something I can make my own, and change up each year if I choose to.  My kiddos have enoyed getting their small treats and activities thus far.

Oh and this is what it looks like now! 

Take care
~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment